Covid-19, Cleaning and Cancellation Information
The open space around Askrigg and the Yorkshire Dales make it a perfect place to enjoy a safe break. We can't wait to welcome guests back to our holiday homes to enjoy this special place.
It is important that we are able to provide a safe environment for you to enjoy your stay. Likewise, we have to ensure the safety of our team.
Askrigg Cottage Holidays is a member of The Professional Association of Self-Caterers who together with the AA and other Trade Associations have collaborated to develop a strict cleaning protocol for self-catering.
Expected re-opening date
We are expecting to be open from the 4th July being the earliest possible date that the UK Government will allow the hospitality industry to re-open, but we are awaiting the UK Government confirming the actual date.
Flexible cancellation terms
We are protected by Master Cancel which removes the stress and worry from booking your holiday. For all bookings made after 8th June 2020 you can cancel between 60 days or up to and including 3 days before the arrival date. Master Cancel's flexible terms & conditions allow you to book with confidence, knowing that if you cancel within these timescales for unforeseen circumstances (including Covid-19 or lockdown), we will refund you in full. If you need to cancel your stay please contact us.
Full information is within our terms and conditions.
• In line with the agreed guidelines we have conducted a detailed Risk Assessment to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
• We will continually review our Risk Assessment to take into account any changes in guidelines or legislation.
• A copy of our current Risk Assessment is available on request.
• The housekeeping team have all completed training in Covid-19 Holiday Let Cleaning Protocols.
• Where appropriate we are using hospital grade Virucide disinfectants that comply with EN 14675.
• The housekeeping team wear appropriate PPE and follow our strict cleaning checklist and protocols, which are available on request.
Arrival and departure
All of the relevant access information will be sent to you in advance and you will be able to collect the keys and maintain social distancing from us. If you need anything during your stay we are just a phone call or email away.
We do like to personally welcome all of our guests to ensure that you are comfortable in the property and enjoying your stay and if we need to meet and speak with you it will be from a safe distance.
We will provide simple instructions for you to follow when you depart to help our team prepare the property for the next guests.
If you test positive for Covid-19 or develop symptoms prior to your holiday or have been told to self isolate
If in the 14 days prior to your arrival date any of the following conditions are met then you must not travel and must remain in your own home.
• You or a member of your party or your household tests positive for Covid-19.
• You or a member of your party or your household are contacted by the NHS Test and Trace service and advised to self isolate.
• You or a member of your party or your household has knowingly been in close contact with somebody who has tested positive, has been advised to self isolate or is displaying symptoms of Covid-19.
If you test positive or develop Covid-19 symptoms during your stay
If you or a member of your party develop Covid-19 symptoms during your stay you must inform us immediately. We will work with you to determine the appropriate course of action according to government advice at the time.